How did an auto-repair brand use weather targeting to increase brand awareness?
Over a three-month campaign, an auto-repair brand used :15 and :30 second video advertisements to increase brand awareness. Their goal was to reach adults in the United States, ages 25-54, with a 70% skew towards males, and a 30% skew towards females. The brand specifically wanted to reach users experiencing rainy or snowy weather conditions.
Through our partnership with MediaMath, we identified strategic tactics to execute a successful campaign.
The primary tactic leveraged was IBM Watson Advertising Weather Targeting. With IBM Watson’s unique data, MediaMath’s DSP, and real-time targeting, the brand was able to target audiences when the 24-hour forecast indicated either rain or snow. Due to the precise timing, this tactic performed very strongly.
Digilant also recommended running additional tactics to drive incremental awareness, which included:
- MediaMath Audiences and Machine-Learning Brain optimization towards target age and demographic groups
- MediaMath Audiences targeting males
- Contextual targeting: targeted pages with relevant content
- Apps Installed: car maintenance, battery, tire apps
- 3rd party behavioral data: owns a vehicle, light DIYers, shops at auto part retailers
- 63% viewability tracked by MOAT (above the target of 60%)
- 75% VCR (Video Completion Rate) for the IBM Watson Weather Segments
- 77% VCR for the Behavioral Segments in the Midwest Region
- 77% VCR for the Behavioral Segments in the Southern Region